PC Doctor December 10, 2022
Have your computer questions answered here! Search the PC Doctor archive or submit a question of your own at firstname.lastname@example.org
Dear PC Doctor:
I’m having some trouble with text messages on my phone. Sometimes they come through fine, sometimes I get a line that says “tap to download” and I download it and can read it, sometimes it never downloads. I’m missing some important conversations. What can I do to fix this?
Signed, Out of the Loop
That is a puzzle, and I’m sorry you’re missing out. While I’m not sure exactly what’s going on without more detailed information from you, (What kind of phone do you have? Is it connected to wifi when these things happen? Does it happen with certain other people or with everyone?), I can suggest a few things to try.
- Power off your phone completely and let it rest for a few minutes, then turn it back on. (Seriously. This sometimes works.)
- Go to your Settings and make sure data is turned on for texts.
- If you’re using an iPhone, go to Settings > Messages and make sure Group Messaging and MMS Messaging are both on.
- Run any updates available for your phone.
- Reset your network settings.
I hope one of these things will solve your issue.
Until next time,
Editor's Note: Questions should be directed to PC Doctor, care of the Athol Public Library, email@example.com or Athol Public Library, 568 Main St., Athol, Mass. 01331, or dropped off at the library
Posted: to Athol Library News on Thu, Dec 1, 2022
Updated: Fri, Dec 9, 2022