Additional Reference Materials
Our Local History / Archives Room is home to a variety of materials. The following is a partial list of some of the most frequently requested:
Amherst, Ashburnham, Athol, Barre, Belchertown, Berkshire, Bernardston, Boston, Brookfield, Buckland, Buzzard's Bay, Canton, Charlemont, Clinton, Colrain, Concord, Conway, Dana, Dedham, Deerfield, Erving, Fitchburg, Framingham, Gardner, Gloucester, Greenfield, Hadley, Hatfield, Holyoke, Hubbardston, Lancaster, Leominster, Leyden, Longmeadow, Lowell, Lunenburg, Lynn, Malden, Marshfield, Martha's Vineyard, Medford, Millers Falls, Milton, Montague, Nantucket, Needham, New Salem, Newburyport, North Brookfield, North Orange, Northampton, Northfield, Orange, Oxford, Palmer, Paxton, Pelham, Petersham, Phillipston, Pittsfield, Plymouth, Prescott, Princeton, Roxbury, Royalston, Rutland, Shutesbury, Springfield, Sunderland, Sutton, Templeton, Tully, Walpole, Warwick, Wendell, Westborough, Westhampton, Westminster, Wilbraham, Winchendon, Woburn, Worcester, and Worcester County.
There are very few complete genealogies. Information varies. Surnames for those families include the following:
Adams, Amsden, Barker, Bishop, Briggs, Capen, Carrier, Chase, Cragin, Dexter, Ellinwood, Ellis, Field, Foster, Goddard, Hadley, Hapgood, Hutchins, Manly, Munsey-Hopkins, Murray, Nurse, Oliver, Pratt, Proctor, Rich, Roraback, Rushford, Sherman, Smith, Stockwell, and Young.
Other items available:
- Cemetery Inscriptions for the towns of Ashburnahm, Baldwinville, Templeton, Hubbardston, Phillipston, Royalston and South Royalston, Westminster.
- A Compilation of the Messages and Papers of the Presidents: with additions
- FW Beers Map of Athol Depot and Athol Center, 1870.
- Maps including - Athol 1795, F.W. Beers Map of Athol and Environs, 1870
- Genealogist's Handbook for Atlantic Canada Research
- Guide to Genealogical and Historical Holdings of Massachusetts
- History of the Connecticut Valley in Massachusetts
- History of the County of Worcester in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts.
- Maine Biographies
- Massachusetts in the Army and Navy: During the War of 1861-65
- Massachusetts Soldiers, Sailors, and Marines in the Civil War
- Massachusetts Soldiers and Sailors in the Revolutionary War
- National Society of the Daughters of the American Revolution Lineage Books. (Some volumes incomplete)
- Record of Massachusetts Volunteers: 1861-65
- Records of the Colony of New Plymouth