PC Doctor October 22, 2022

Have your computer questions answered here! Search the PC Doctor archive or submit a question of your own at info@athollibrary.org

Cartoon tablet, laptop and cellphone to accompany the news item.

Dear PC Doctor:

I’m selling my old car to a neighbor. I want to create a Bill of Sale for us both to sign but I don’t know where to begin. I’ve done some googling and see a bunch of form templates, but I don’t know if any of them are official or legal or whatever they are supposed to be. Do you know of a reliable place where I can print the right kind of form?


Dear Mario:

We are lucky that, in Massachusetts, the Board of Library Commissioners provides access to the Gale Databases via town libraries. One of the databases you can use is called Gale Legal Forms. To get to it, visit the website of the Athol Public Library (www.athollibrary.org), choose Services, then Law Resources. Click on Massachusetts Legal Forms Library. From the next screen you can browse by alphabet or by category. There are forms for wills, rental agreements, changing your name, selling a car, and more. Some forms are fillable right from the site, some are PDFs to download. There’s even a section with legal questions and answers if you want to read up on a topic. None of this can take the place of skilled legal counsel, but it is a reliable place to start.

I hope this helps!
Until next time,
Happy Computing!
PC Doctor

Editor's Note: Questions should be directed to PC Doctor, care of the Athol Public Library, info@athollibrary.org or Athol Public Library, 568 Main St., Athol, Mass. 01331, or dropped off at the library.