The Friends of the Library
Who We Are and Why We Need You...
The Friends of the Athol Public Library were established in 1981. Volunteer help and donations have always been crucial to its growth and development. The Library now faces the challenges of the 21st century - the need for new technology as well as a growing demand for programs and services.
More than ever, the Friends need your help and support. If you would like more information please call the Athol Public Library at (978) 249-9515. Dues range from $5.00 for an individual annual membership to $100.00 for a sustaining membership.
What We Do...
- Sponsor Special Programs
- A variety of educational enrichment and entertainment programs
- Cultural enrichment discussion groups
- Author lectures and book signings
- Children's story hours
- Adult programs
- Young Adult programs
- Summer reading programs
- School vacation programs
- On the Same Page programs
- National Library Week
- Sponsor Services
- Provide museum passes
- Public color copy machine ($0.10)
- Notary public
- Fax services
- Friends Coffee Bar
- Credit cards accepted for amounts over $7.00
- Promotional materials
- Refreshments for library programs
- Financial support for the purchase of materials
- Offer Supplemental Library Resources
- DVD / Blu-ray
- Reference materials
- Volunteer in the Library - The library currently has no volunteer positions and applications are closed.
Services Are Made Possible By...
- Membership dues
- Ongoing book sale in our Friends' book sale room
- Other fund raising activities
- Newsletter subscription
- Volunteer recognition
- Support the Library
- Discounted Friends-sponsored activities, workshops and services
- Discounted raffle tickets for Friends members (7 for $5.00)
- Admission to Friends-only events at the library
- Friends-only advance registration for programs
- Donations are tax deductible
- Free Notary Services
- Personal Fulfilment for having contributed to such a worthy cause
The Friends Annual Meeting is held every April.
The Best Deal in Town!
Individual Membership $5.00
Family Membership $10.00
All dues and contributions are tax deductible
as the Friends are a 501(C) 3 nonprofit organization!
We appreciate your support!
Join the Friends of the Athol Public Library Today!
You can support the work of the Friends by clicking on the "Donate" button and making a tax-deductible donation.
AmazonSmile - They will donate 0.5% of your purchase to the Friends of the Athol Public Library if you choose the friends as your charity.
The Executive Board of Directors
Lillian Bachelder, President
Patricia Ray, Vice President
Muriel Holden, Treasurer
Christine Miranda, Secretary and Trustee Representative - non voting member
Jean Shaughnessy, Library Director - non voting member